Friday, May 22, 2015

Malls of Berlin

During my time in Berlin I was able to stop at 4 different enclosed shopping malls. Each one was several floors and even the basement was used. For the most part the food courts were located on the top floor which is a little aggravating when you are hungry. But it is understandable as it is a way to get people to look around your mall and possibly buy something they had no intention of buying.
The four malls that I visited were: The Bikini, The Mall of Berlin, The Alexa, and the Arkaden.





4 comments:

Unknown said...

It is neat seeing how stores are different in foreign and larger cities. I didn't spend a lot of time in them but it was neat.

Unknown said...

It needs to be pointed out that three of these four malls had 3+ stories (including the basement level). Two of them even had 4 stories. I'm sure that the Mall of Berlin has more unique stores than all of Regina's malls combined.

Unknown said...

There is obviously a huge retail industry in Berlin! I can't complain since I love shopping! It is also evident that there is a large tourist industry in Berlin since many of the people I observed in these malls were tourists. Definitely one of the reasons that I will be heading back to Berlin!

Taya said...

I found the architecture of many of the malls in Berlin to be unique and much different than those of North America. However, they were full of tons of american retail chain stores.The variety of stores was not much different than what you would find in one of our big cities. You had to explore the smaller shops not in the malls to find anything unique.